Thursday, August 16, 2012

Once upon a time...

Whenever I hear this particular phrase "once upon a time...", it automatically gives out a magical and enchanting aura. The story following the phrase might as well be a very realistic and dry one, but some how the magical opening phrase makes it all a fairy tale .....

It's probably due to the connection our brains have been accustomed to since we held in our hands our first copy of a fairy tale. Even a very valuable life lesson, warning or moral, seems less intimidating and more inspiring when its presented through a little story that has the " once upon a time... " feeling about it.

A book by Paulo coehlo I've been recently reading follows the same principle, of sharing the writer's thoughts, experiences and reflections with the reader and thus also imparting beautiful life lessons encased in amazing stories.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice to know that u r started blogging, looking forward for more enthusiastic and beautiful passages

Elizabeth said...

I always see his name around, but have never read anything by Mr. Coelho. I need to get to it. :)

NEW FOLLOWER

Stop by my blog if you like....I have a giveaway for a murder mystery.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
http://silversolara.blogpsot.com

Anonymous said...

I love Paulo Coelho's The Alchemist :)
Have you read it yet?

Samaine@Bookworms Avenue

Unknown said...

Hi! Thank you for following. I love your blog too! So nice and soothing.

My favorite Paulo Coelho is By The River Piedra I Sat and Wept. I LOVE IT! I've read it three times and each time I walk away with a different meaning and different thoughts. That is powerful.

M

Unknown said...

When our eternal soul leaves our body at death
and we wiseabove to meet our Maker,
only four, last things remain:
death, judgement, Heaven or Hell
according to the deeds WEE mortals
have done in our Finite Existence.

⬆️I'm a re-boot NDE⬇️
If you're RIGHT,
you'll see the LIGHT -
follow that to the Elysian Fields.
Let's be tethered2forever Upstairs.

Find-out what RCIA means and join.
Make Your Choice -SAW

⚠️DO NOT⚠️take the Mark of the Beast;
otherwise...
we'll be in two, different eternities.

Post a Comment

A dream penny for your thoughts....

Related Posts with Thumbnails